Projects & Programmes
West End Pop-ups & Activations Project
Westminster City Council is proud to be working with Westminster’s BIDs and Property Owners on our Pop-ups & Activations Project which is playing a crucial role in addressing void units in the West End and high streets across the borough through supporting up and coming brands and emerging artists to showcase their talent in prime sites whilst bringing much needed vitality back to our high streets. Working in partnership we have delivered 12 fantastic activations to date including:
• Clothes You’ll Never Wear – a participatory art installation that invites members of the public to attend daily workshops where they can create garments made of recyclable materials and stories.
• A Painting of Two Halves – a performative and participatory exhibition that invites members of the public to use a specialist painting mechanism to pour paint to create a collective artwork.
• Shobana Jeyasingh Pop-up Dance School – a vibrant dance hub that enables passers-by to enjoy high quality live performances that include lessons, choreography rehearsals and creative productions.
Most recently, we launched the The Regent Street Edit at 88 Regent Street – a concept store showcasing six amazing ethical and sustainable fashion and wellness brands! People who are doing things differently, more ethically and more sustainbly. The store is an immersive space that performs as a living laboratory inviting members of the public to take part in the design process and purchase unique goods that will be produced on site using repurposed, recycled and locally sourced materials. We have curated six complementary brands that will offer a wide range of high-quality goods:
– Lab Tonica Natural beauty products
– L r d High end ethically sourced womenswear
– Petit Pli Childrenswear made out of recycled plastic bottles
– Saywood Studio Made to order accessible womenswear
– Buttress & Snatch Made to order lingerie using deadstock
– 4648.REC Men and womenswear made of upcycled kimonos
If you haven’t yet popped in to one of our ‘pop-ups’ here are some photos of what you’ve been missing! The Regent Street Edit is open 10:00 – 19:00 Mon to Sat and 12:00 – 18:00 on Sundays and will be trading at least until 29th October.
Should you wish to take part in the project or require any further detailed information please contact Renata Guerra at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0207 641 2070 Mon-Fri 9am -5pm.