Business & Enterprise
Broadband and Connectivity
Westminster City Council has secured £2.8m European Regional Development Fund to deliver the Connect Westminster Project. The project provides up to £2,000 towards the capital costs of upgrading your broadband connection to ultrafast levels.
To find out if you are in an eligible and download the application form please enter your full postcode below.
You’re eligible! Please complete the form below to download an application.
You’re located outside of the scheme area. If you think you are eligible please contact us on 0207 641 2070.
Click below to find out more information on broadband and connectivity.
The Connect Westminster Scheme is being delivered in Westminster and the West End Partnership area. Businesses within this area are eligible for one voucher per business and vouchers guarantee the reimbursement of up to £2,000 of the capital costs associated with their connection.
You only need one quote as part of your application process, although you may want to talk to a number of suppliers to get the best deal for your business.
The Connect Westminster Scheme vouchers are issued on a first come, first served basis until April 2019.
The Connect Westminster Project is a £2.8m project funded by Westminster City Council and the European Union’s Regional Development Fund and is administered by Westminster City Council.
Upgrading your broadband brings real business benefits. A better connection can help you to boost your bottom line by:
- Increasing your profits by offering better services to more satisfied customers
- Improving your customers’ experience with quicker, communication and faster file-sharing thanks to higher upload and download speeds, especially for large files
- Reducing software and hardware costs by helping you switch to online data storage solutions
- Enhancing the way you communicate and collaborate through online video conference and cloud-based information sharing
- Future-proofing your business with the latest technology to meet your customers’ need.
Why not join one of the 40,000 businesses that benefited from the voucher scheme administered by DCMS.
Broadband Connect Westminster vouchers are available to Small or Medium Enterprises (SMEs) if;
- Your business is situated within an eligible area
- You are a SME, registered charity, social enterprise or sole trader. An SME is an enterprise which employees fewer than 250 persons and which has an annual turnover not exceeding 50 million euro, and/or an annual balance sheet total not exceeding 43 million euro
- Installation of your new broadband connection exceeds £100
- The connection is for your business premises. You can apply for a connection at home if this is your main work base, but this does not apply if you work from home occasionally
- You are willing to sign up to a minimum 6 month contract with your broadband supplier
- The broadband service you select delivers a speed and performance improvement on your current connection. There are some detailed requirements of speed that you should check before applying
- You have not received more than €200,000 in grants in the last 3 years.
Over 100 suppliers are registered on the Connect Westminster Scheme.