Employment & Skills
Westminster City Council is calling on local businesses to join the Kickstart Scheme to create exciting job opportunities for young Westminster residents.
What Is the Kickstart Scheme?
The Kickstart Scheme provides £2 billion worth of funding via wage subsidies to employers of any industry or size to create high quality 6-month jobs, with a minimum of 25 hours per week for young people aged 16-24 in receipt of Universal Credit.
The Government will also provide employers with £1,500 per job for the provision of other employment related/programme management costs.
The jobs must be designed to help the cohort gain skills and experience so they can compete more effectively in the labour market once the scheme is over.
Kickstart provides employers with a wage subsidy to support them to recruit to new/additional roles at a time when investment in recruitment and training is typically lower during a recession.
Westminster City Council is looking for…
Local employers to create as many new job opportunities for Westminster young people as possible, at least 30 of which will be with the City Council and paid at London Living Wage.
We are particularly interested in partnering with employers
- Who are willing to provide quality job opportunities at London Living Wage (£10.85 p/h)
- Offer young people training and development plans as part of the 6 month programme
- Are able to provide real prospects for progression for young people after the completion of the 6 month Kickstart job
The Westminster City Council Kickstart Offer:
- A central point of contact
- Management of the transfer of funds
- Initial sector specific employability training
- In work support for young people from Westminster’s employment coaches to help with the transition in to work
- Access to a network of local employers involved in the scheme to share learning and best practice
Kickstart: What good looks like – https://www.local.gov.uk/kickstart-what-good-looks
Minimum wage and London Living Wage
- 18-20-year olds: £6.45
- 21-24-year olds: £8.20 per hour
- The cost of paying London Living Wage (£10.85) for each age group will be £3,960 for 18-20-year-old and £2,385 for 21-24-year olds (this is for the full 6 months)
- DWP wage subsidy payments for a kickstart job are made monthly in arrears.
|Minimum Wage (funded by Kickstart)||1 Job|
|Kickstart at London Living Wage (cost to employer)||1 Job|
Apply to take part in the Kickstart Scheme
If you are unable to view or use the form below please use the link here.